This Position is located at the Area Census Office (ACO) in Provo, Utah.
In order to be considered, ALL APPLICANTS MUST RESIDE in the Provo local commuting area.
Relocation will not be paid.
The closing date has been extended to 11 March, 2019.
Learn more about this agency
* Supervise employees directly in the office and indirectly in the field.
* Evaluate employees directly and indirectly, take appropriate action regarding hiring, promotions and reassignment. Take disciplinary action when necessary.
* Communicate daily with various internal staff such as Area Managers, other ACO Managers, ACO staff, and staff in the Regional Census Center.
* Direct the phases of the field activities, including automated data collection.
* Ensure the quality and quantity of work produced is monitored and controlled to meet rigid schedules.
* Responsible for continuous review and analysis of cost, performance and progress reports, and make critical decisions to meet deadlines and to control spending.
* Provide direction, leadership and coordination of property management activities.
* Provide oversight and guidance to maximize the useful lifecycle of personal property including acquisition, receipt, utilization and disposal.
Occasional travel - Position may require occasional travel.
* Job family (Series)
0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
HelpRequirements Conditions of Employment
* U.S. citizen.
* Suitable for Federal employment.
* Registered for Selective Service if applicable. (www.sss.gov)
* You may be required to complete a financial disclosure (OGE-450).
* This is a NON-BARGAINING unit position.
* A supervisory trial period may be required.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that the application submitted clearly indicates that they meet the qualifications listed below. To be eligible for this position, you must have the specialized experience, education, or a combination as indicated below.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
EXPERIENCE: Applicant must have one year of specialized experience for this position, that includes overseeing and providing guidance directly to staff. Experience working in a team environment, communication verbally and in writing to ensure steady workflow of multiple programs. Experience communicating with diverse populations. Experience setting priorities and developing, monitoring and/or analyzing detailed program/project requirements and implementation schedules. Experience providing direction and coordination of property management to improve facilities, support services and IT products.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in any area with Superior Academic Achievement OR one full year of graduate education directly related to the position. Applicant must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal Service.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.