VP Cloud Ops & Engineering
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
The VP Cloud Operations and Engineering will be responsible for technical design and architecture of co-location space and cloud environments to run workloads securely and with a high level of resiliency and availability. The individual will be responsible for working with Agile teams that work to design, build, and support our cloud environment. The VP Cloud Operations and Engineering will play a significant role with stakeholders and others enabling teams to provide end-to-end usage, reporting and billing capabilities for our users. The successful candidate will analyze the current system, participate in road map and project planning efforts, and will have ownership for delivery a stable, reliable, redundant, secure environment for our SaaS solution. This position is responsible for the day to day network performance, the automation and deployment of software migrations to production, database administration and tools selection and administration. The ideal candidate will have a technical background designing and building cloud infrastructure.
The VP Cloud Operations will be responsible for the day to day health of our production network infrastructure, and as such carries much of the responsibility for Company's uptime. This position is responsible for maintaining and improving uptime, growing the global team, monitoring global network health, handling both planned and unplanned network events. The VP Cloud Operations and Engineering oversees the Change Approval Process, Network Administration and Database Administration team to support Company's customers and employees.
As a VP Cloud Ops & Engineering, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- 'Design cloud solutions using industry best practices to provide security, scalability and optimize cost benefit.
- Build and testing cloud environments that meet business requirements
- Developing cloud strategies and standards
- Partner with team to drive resolution and process improvements to further minimize impact to our production environment and support business partners. Documents all key processes to further drive performance.
- Working with security teams to understand requirements and develop cloud frameworks to meet those standards.
- Designing cloud performance and monitoring strategies
- Participate in project management efforts as the teams execute on plans, and communicate progress and status updates to key stakeholders.
- Stay current and help select and implement modern technologies.
- Manage and provide technical and project leadership regarding networks, systems expansions, upgrades and validation of computer hardware and software ensuring the most effective use of equipment and human resources.
- Provide insight into technical designs to ensure solutions developed are consistent with strategic business plans
- Provide leadership to individuals on teams through coaching, feedback, developmental goals, and performance managements.
- Prioritize, assign, and manage department activities and projects in accordance with the Operations department's goals and objectives. Adjust hours of work, priorities and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation, based on workload
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring and firing for the department
- Provide leadership, guidance and mentoring to technical support team individuals. Assess performance, maximize productivity and promote teamwork.
- Develop training programs and provide growth paths. Foster positive employee relations.
- Develop and foster a team atmosphere that exhibits teamwork within the department and with other departments.
- Develop and manage a plan that promotes a sense of urgency throughout the team when working on projects or tasks with other departments and with external customers.
- Develop and promote an environment where the department lives and breathes our company's core values
- Effectively communicate with other departments to determine the network and system requirements, develop a plan and effectively execute the plan of the technical support projects
- Control, monitor, maintain and support the client distributed computing and telephone environment including providing a reliable, secure and available system
- Implement, monitor and maintain the network systems required by clients and providing direction and supervision of the network technical staff
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience '
- 15+ years data networks and systems experience
- 10-12 yeas of management experience having had worked with systems, network and operations personnel as direct reports
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to meet and set short and long term objectives for self and assigned team
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions and plans with well-reasoned decision and minimal supervision
- High degree of computer literacy, fluent with Microsoft Office and inContact applications
- Experience with AWS
- 5+ years of ITIL/ITSM experience
- High degree of technical knowledge and experience in Telecom and data communications '
Loading some great jobs for you...