MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve and enhance the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Derivative Settlements is seeking a professional with strong communication skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment, managing cash flows and associated risks related to derivative transactions across our America’s client base.
Derivative Settlements is a high-value risk and client facing team in Operations that across multiple asset classes, ensures the economics of our derivative transactions and the delivery of any cash flow exposures are appropriately risk managed.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL:
• Build and maintain a strong Business relationship with derivative trading desks and ensure that their queries and requests are appropriately addressed.
• Prepare and review legal documentation of non-standard derivative trade documentation with Trading, Legal and outside counsel.
• Partner with Trading and other Operations teams to provide commentary on legal language and insight for long-term support requirements
• Ensure control measures are in place and applied to support existing and new structured transactions
• Ensure confirmations accurately incorporate the appropriate ISDA Definitions, Supplements and MCAs
• Coordinating with external clients to ensure timely execution of confirmations and resolve all outstanding queries on documentation.
• Participate in enhancement projects with Technology and other Operations colleagues, with an aim to improving scalability and efficiency of the confirmation process.
• Design and initiate process improvements with thorough understanding of template architecture and system flows
• Respond to an ever-evolving regulatory environment by:
o Developing expertise in regulatory requirements and acting as a consultant to translate these regulatory requirements into functional requirements
o Analyzing regulatory compliance data
Preferred candidate will have relevant operations experience, preferably in derivatives. Ideal candidate should have an understanding of derivatives, including the current regulatory environment. Knowledge of current industry focuses and structured transactions a plus.
• Excellent team player, able to work well inside a group and broadly across an organization
• Proven ability to organize and prioritize own workload and drive results
• Familiarity with the firm’s risk and control framework
• Ability to multitask and work in high pressure environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated confidence in communicating in a variety of forums and with varied audiences, including: formal presentations, training sessions, larger meeting venues, and with external/internal clients
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment; able to work independently and as a self-starter, as appropriate
• Attention to detail, particularly with regard to legal language and a sense of urgency in escalating and resolving outstanding issues.
• Demonstrated commitment to quality controls and procedures
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Understanding of the derivatives industry
• Project management experience
• Legal documentation experience
• Experience working with legal counsel and external customers a plus
• BA or BS degree is required; concentration in finance or legal studies a plus.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
OptionsApplyApplyEmail a FriendEmail a Friend
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...