The Inside Sales - OmniPod Associate role is responsible for all patient communication during the sales process of starting patients on the OmniPod system. This role works closely and collaborates with the field sales and internal team members to provide the best patient experience possible. This role is responsible for communicating insurance benefit guidelines and cost share information with patients and assists them with their decisions regarding insulin pump therapy.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a key cross-functional role with internal and external stakeholders and the ability to learn complex technical material (healthcare/diabetes preferred), and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills. This position requires a high degree of customer interaction and communication to ensure the patient experience is positive and professional while consistently focusing on closing the sale.
The OmniPod Associate is an entry level inside sales role that provides an exceptional opportunity to grow and develop your medical device sales career.
* Promote and sell Insulet's products to prospective customers. Responsible for making outbound calls to patients who have expressed interest in the OmniPod System.
* Responsible for handling inbound calls from patients generated through physicians' offices or marketing programs.
* Answer customer's inquiries about the OmniPod product and competitive comparisons.
* Collaborate with internal reimbursement and field sales teams to convert the lead to a shipped customer.
* Provide frequent feedback and suggestions to support an environment of continuous process improvement.
* Perform a broad range of sales and service related duties and administrative tasks.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
* Minimum Requirements:
* Associates Degree
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
* Bachelor's Degree and 0 - 1 years' sales experience preferably in medical device, pharmaceutical, healthcare or consumer product related field. Prior B2B or B2C experience preferred.
* Knowledge and understanding of the managed care industry is preferred.
* Knowledge of and experience supporting patients with diabetes is preferred.
* Experience with Salesforce or other CRM system is preferred.
* Selling Skills and Objection Handling: Demonstrates the ability to influence and close interested patients in the OmniPod Insulin Management System.
* Forecasting and Pipeline Management: Ability to effectively manage a sales pipeline to move leads through a short term sales cycle with speed, forecast precision and transparency to other team members.
* Communication Skills: Delivers oral and written communications that make an impact and persuade their intended audiences. Effectively handles interactions at all levels and appropriately responds to sensitive situations. Expresses oneself clearly in conversations, interactions, and in writing. Spanish fluency is a plus
* Results Orientation: Focuses on the solution and drives for positive resolution and results consistently. Demonstrates persistence and creative problem solving skills to address obstacles and challenges to deliver successful outcomes.
* Collaboration and Teamwork: Collaborates and works effectively with other team members to produce optimal results.
* Accountability: Demonstrates ownership and resolve for producing high quality work product and exceptional service. Ensure agreements and commitments throughout the process are fulfilled in a timely manner.
* Effective Self-Management and Action Orientation: Thrives in a fast-paced environment and operates with a sense of urgency and passion for achieving sales goals. Demonstrates the ability to work well under pressure and maintain composure in the face of difficult and/or challenging situations. Effectively handles multiple challenges or tasks through prioritization and multi-tasking. Appropriately escalates issues requiring additional support to manager.
* Computer Proficiency: Capable of efficiently managing daily activities and deliverables utilizing MS Office applications and CRM systems.
Physical Requirements (if applicable):
* The ability to work overtime to meet business objectives is required.
* Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment.
* Manual dexterity needed for using a computer keyboard.
* Lightweight lifting may be required.
* Minimal business travel as required.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associated topics: business, club, dealer, disney, insurance, life insurance, market, outbound, phone, vacation