Merrick Bank is a top-25 credit card issuer and merchant acquirer in the VISA/MasterCard networks, and a major recreational vehicle lender.
The Bank is a Utah Financial Institution and a member of the FDIC.
At Merrick Bank, we specialize in credit programs that assist people looking to build or rebuild their credit. We are FDIC insured and recognized as a top-20 issuer of Visa cards. In total, we proudly serve over 2.4 million cardholders and have extended over $5.3 billion in credit.
Our Mission is to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers, our employees, and our community. We work hard to create a work environment that empowers our associates to grow, learn, and reach their potential.
The Financial Data Analyst I is a junior staff level position supporting the overall direction of financial activities of Merrick Bank by performing, or assisting in the performance of, the primary duties listed below.REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE:
What s in it for you:
- BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Management or equivalent. Recent college graduate or up to two years of Finance, Accounting, Banking, or Credit experience preferred.
- Conceptual understanding of financial reporting and accounting practices.
- Minimum 6 months of experience coding Visual Basic/VBA scripts. VBA skills assessment will be administered before interviews.
- Intermediate MS Office experience with intermediate to advanced MS Excel experience and an ability to decipher and understand complex formula constructs. Experience developing basic financial spreadsheets and models is preferred.
- SQL and/or Python experience preferred but not required.
- Banking / financial services experience preferred.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Responsible and flexible individual with strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing; presents ideas in a clear, concise, understandable, and organized manner.PRIMARY DUTIES:
- Coordinate with department managers to provide best-possible analysis and/or automation solutions for their respective groups.
- Assist in the creation of new VBA scripts to support current and future capabilities necessary to bank forecasting, accounting, ACH, and deposit functions.
- Modify and troubleshoot existing VBA and SQL scripts to enhance data automation and improve accuracy.
- Maintain and update various financial models and structured datasets (MS Excel, SQL Server) in support of data retention and financial analysis processes.
- Prepare additional ad hoc reporting and data visualizations as needed to assist Management strategic business planning and decision-making.
- Maintain necessary documentation and procedures consistent with an audited environment.
- Compliant with Laws & Regulations.
Competitive salary (DOE)
Benefits package -Medical, Dental and Vision (plus much more)
401(k) Plan with Company Match
Short & Long Term Disability
Group Life and AD&D Insurance
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days
Employee Events, including Employee Appreciation Day, Holiday Party, etc.
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Candidates must have unrestricted authority to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Merrick Bank is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability,
veteran status, and other legally protected characteristic. The EEO is the
Law poster is available here: Please go to our website www.merrickbank.com to apply and learn more about our company
We are an equal opportunity employer. Merrick Bank will do a thorough background check for all hires. This includes a review of your personal credit history, drug testing, background check, and employment/personal references. A good credit history is important.