Interface Engineering Product Manager (Fairview)
Motorola Solutions in Fairview, UT
- Industry: Information Technology - Project And Product Manager
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $114,270.00 - 186,420.00 / Year*
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
The Software Enterprise Interface engineering team is the team that delivers solutions to the public safety sector. We are committed to providing technology and tools which will allow customers to focus on their mission, and enable them to respond faster with smarter and safer decisions. We deploy and support products such as Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Jail Management Systems and Mobile Data Computing, among other offerings.
The Software Enterprise Interface Product Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining the requirements and road-map for Motorola s 3rd party interfaces. The Product Manager maintains a big-picture vision for their product that supports the Company s strategic goals. They validate and develop ideas based on industry experience and contact with customers and stakeholders.
Additionally, the Product Manager acts as the Agile Product Owner for their assigned Interface Engineering Scrum Team. They will be collocated in Salt Lake City, UT, and are solution, technology, and team facing. In addition to this role, the Product Manager produces product documentation and design specifications. Work with stakeholder, customer and Dev team to create and maintain backlog for Interface. They work with both internal and external stakeholders to elicit project requirements and validate product specifications. The deliverables produced by the Product Manager will be used by the Presales, Engineering and Delivery teams in preparation for full-scale deployment of products.
- Manage and prioritize the work needing to be completed for assigned projects.
- Create/Update the Product Vision and Roadmap.
- Set expectations on upcoming commitments and R&D initiatives on a quarterly basis.
- Ensuring product positioning, key benefits, and target customers are communicated to the Sales channel.
- Representing the company at industry conferences and sales events.
- Owns requirements elicitation for interface portfolio.
- Vision and Roadmap for assigned products.
- Establish release objectives that facilitate customer commitments.
- Establishes engineering level work items (including stories and research tasks) and acceptance criteria for each.
- Prioritizes software defects and engineering tasks within each sprint.
- Subject matter experts in Public Safety to include customer workflow, Motorola Products, interface design principles, and 3rd party applications.
- Validate project requirements and designs with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Participates in Scrum ceremonies.
- Represents customers and stakeholders for the Team.
- Decomposes Projects into Stories and prioritizes the Team Backlog.
- Owns Team Backlog and implementation.
- Drives Sprint Goals and Iteration content via prioritizes stories.
- Manage what enters and leaves a Sprint.
- Establishes Story and Enabler acceptance criteria, and accepts Stories upon completion
- Ensures Stories and tasks meet the acceptance criteria and that Stories are aligned to Vision, Epics, and Release Objectives.
- Ensure proper stakeholder documentation is produced.
- Establishes open and consistent communication among all Interface Engineering Product Managers.
- Provide project/solution support to other departments as necessary
- Participate in customer-facing interface initiatives when appropriate.
- Prioritizing exceptions and enhancement requests and determining whether they are required for completion prior to acceptance.
- BS/BA in Business or Information Systems (or equivalent degree) with 5+ years of professional experience - preferred
- 3+ years of Product Management experience or Product/Public Safety Domain Knowledge required.
- Familiarity with tools for dev management, operational support, and performance monitoring (i.e. Jira, TFS, Azure).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Technical knowledge (i.e. knowledge of XML, JSON, and other engineering methods) required.
- 5+ years of professional experience with at least 3+ years of Product Management experience or Product/Public Safety Domain Knowledge.
- Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer.
Referral Payment Plan
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Fairview, UT!