Vice President, Employee Benefits
Compensation: $102,510.00 - $157,400.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Who We Are:
Want to work with a team that truly values your opinion? NFP believes in empowering the people we hire to be their best.
We believe in personal relationships and a commitment to one another. For the company to succeed, our people need to succeed. We combine all the best that our people have to offer and create a new best.
The Vice President of Employee Benefits has responsibility for growing organic revenue with medium to highly complex clients through an integrated selling strategy. You will manage sales results, maintain strong relationships with key client and prospect stakeholders and carriers. You will serve as an executive sponsor on their accounts, collaborating with the account teams as appropriate.
* Develops and maintains relationships with key client and prospect stakeholders and carrier representatives
* Influences client decision making including strategic and tactical direction. Anticipates and addresses client and team needs. Measures results of a client's experience and efficacy of overall strategy to ensure desired outcome and effectiveness.
* Leads clients, projects and teams; identifies and secures resources. Leads client work, assesses risk, takes ownership of deliverables, and leads client meetings. Manages client and all stakeholder expectations, delivers value.
* Researches, understands, and applies industry trends, product development, and government regulations.
* Successfully manages multiple and concurrent projects, priorities and tasks, and collaborates effectively with teams, Managing Director and producers to achieve desired outcomes.
* Uses consultative approach to initiate, qualify and develop new business relationships; creates and maintains own list of prospects
* Provide strategic planning and consulting advice to clients including overseeing efforts in the production and responses of Requests for Proposal, coordination of vendor responses, and preparation of a client report with recommendations.
* Develops and initiates plans to increase sales, lower costs and continuously improve operations.
* Involved in new hire selections and internal promotions that impact sales and service team.
* Develops and maintains dependable working partner relationships with carriers, broker-servicing networks, and other providers. Notifies NFP associates about immediate/emerging trends and issues in the marketplace.
* Provides mentoring and coaching to team members.
What you should have:
* Knowledge of benefits administration, healthcare reform, industry trends, carrier products and services
* You will have a strategic mindset. This position will think broadly about client issues. Generates best practices and encourages new and innovative ideas; shows appropriate tenacity in advocacy of ideas with clients. Proactively seeks to attract and retain new and divergent thoughts.
* Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs
* Effective time management and decision making skills
* Diligent follow up skills
* Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
* Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
* Commanding presentation and public speaking abilities
* BA/BS recommended, and an advanced degree is preferred.
* More than 8 years of directly related industry sales and consultative experience.
* Utah Life and Health license.
Whom you will be reporting:
You will report to the SVP of Corporate Benefits. Training and mentoring will occur in our new Lehi, UT office located in Silicon Slopes. You will contribute to our culture, which not only needs your ideas, but also wants your ideas and thinking. We are a close-knit office and want someone to also build upon that culture.
Associated topics: benefit, benefit specialist, compensation, employee, hr, human resource, hunter, recruiter, talent management, train
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...