HR Generalist - Provo, UT
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Human Resources
Loading some great jobs for you...
This position is responsible for all facets of Human Resources for a defined group (i.e., site, region, etc?) with an emphasis on employee relations, employee engagement, leaves of absences, and terminations. The HR Generalist coordinates, trains, and administers human resources programs, processes, activities, and policies for employees and participates in the administration of all human resources activities and functions.
SYKES Enterprise services support the worldwide delivery of quality customer care from our call centers and our large home-based workforce. Our high-performance team manages a challenging array of cloud, web- and- mobile based solutions that integrate a dispersed workforce and multiple clients. Information security, network administration and software development are part of our comprehensive global portfolio. IT professionals with a passion for challenging and meaningful work in a fast-paced industry will find a home and a rewarding career here.
COMMITMENT TO ETHICS AND EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated is firmly committed to conducting business in compliance with the letter and spirit of the law and other accepted standards of business conduct as reflected in the company's policies. SYKES is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. SYKES is committed to selecting, developing, and rewarding the best person for the job based on the requirements of the work to be performed and without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability/handicap, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity and expression, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. EEO.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Adheres to SYKES policies on ethics and integrity.
* Serves as first point of contact for employees regarding HR matters; employee relations issues and general HR inquires; identifies problems; asks necessary questions to reveal all related issues; relates HR policy accurately and strives to clearly communicate how policy applies.
* Partners with HR Manager and Operations Leadership to identify trends and provide assessment of the workplace and morale while making recommendations for proactive workplace initiatives to drive employee engagement.
* Acts upon and assists with the thorough and impartial investigation of reported incidents up to and including workplace harassment (sexual, ethnic, religious, etc.), discrimination, and/or other alleged illegal activities by employees.
* Assists HR Management and Leadership with the investigation and resolution of misconduct, fraud and other employee related incidents.
* Tracks data to provide insights to the business on attrition, terminations, internal promotions, leaves of absence, etc...
* Assists in creating a positive new hire experience through conducting New Hire and Benefits Orientation to all new hires.
* In providing a positive employee experience, seeks to provide continuous improvement with all things throughout the employee life cycle (i.e., the on-boarding process).
* Follows up with new hires after 3 months/6 months.
* Provides administrative support to leadership and HR staff such as processing new hire paperwork, salary increases, status changes and termination, managing personnel files, drafting correspondence, faxing, filing, etc.
* Provides administrative support to leadership and HR staff on leaves of absences (STD/LTD/FMLA/ADA/WC)
* Prepares and processes employee related HR paperwork for functional area according to established procedures.
* Assists with the implementation and management of HR initiatives and projects
* Liaison between departments on questions concerning payroll and timekeeping when necessary.
* Ensure compliance with state/federal employment and benefit laws, HR policies, procedures, and guidelines.
* Assists HR Manager with preparation of terminations, ensure approvals are gained and all exit paperwork including pay is completed.
* Responsible for sites unemployment claims administration and company representation at unemployment compensation hearings.
* Actively participates in the Site Safety Program to ensure that we provide a safe and secure environment for all employees.
* Assists with maintaining records and reports concerning on-the-job injuries and workers compensation.
* Collects and analyzes HR data, and then makes recommendations to management.
* Continually and proactively coaches and counsels the center's management staff on thorough and timely employment record documentation.
* Continually monitors, assesses progress, and recommends or takes action, as necessary, to keep positive perceptions within the center.
* May prepare internal employee communications.
* Responsible for monitoring required management training.
* Supports a union-free environment of positive employee morale, job satisfaction, and positive attitude toward management and its' goals and objectives.
* May perform other additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Desired qualifications, skills and experience
EDUCATION and QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years HR related experience required; or equivalent combination of education and HR related experience.
* PHR or SPHR Certification preferred.
* Excellent communication, organizational skills, and ability to meet deadlines
* Knowledge of Federal and State labor laws & regulations
* Strong understanding of FMLA, FLSA, OSHA, ADA and EEO required
* Possesses strong conflict resolution and mediation skills
* Outstanding oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
* Discretion and confidentiality required
* Strong leadership presence
* Proven training and mentoring skills
* Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
* Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and demonstrate adaptability and flexibility
* A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
* Strong PC skills; Microsoft Office & HR System experience
Loading some great jobs for you...