Special Assistant to the CIO - Salt Lake City - 84101
University of Utah
Salt Lake City,
322 W 600 S
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
Special Assistant to the CIO - Salt Lake City, UT - **********
Find Jobs Company Reviews Find Salaries Find Resumes Employers / Post Job Upload your resume Sign in
whatjob title, keywords, or company
wherecity, state, or zip code
Advanced Job Search
Special Assistant to the CIO
University of Utah
Salt Lake City, UT
University of Utah
Read what people are saying about working here.
$47,600 - $90,400 a year
The Special Assistant to the CIO works in a variety of roles throughout the organization to carry out the strategic mission of University Information Technology. This position is directed by the CIO, and tasks include but are not limited to strategic planning, overseeing IT governance processes, collaborating with UIT and University leadership on IT projects and initiatives, identifying and/or solving problems, organizing IT leadership meetings and activities, and performing oftentimes complex communications functions as required. This position does not have supervisory duties but works closely with the IT leadership team.
About UIT: University Information Technology (UIT), the central IT service provider for campus, reports to the Chief Information Officer and is responsible for many of the University of Utah's most critical common IT resources including the campus network; the Campus Information Services (CIS) portal; UMail, telephone, and online collaboration services; high performance and research computing; information security; teaching and learning technologies; software licensing; and a host of other systems and services. For more information about UIT visit ***********************
About the University: Located in Salt Lake City, in the foothills of the Wasatch Mountains, the University of Utah is the flagship institution of the State of Utah's system of higher education and a member of the PAC-12 Conference. Salt Lake City combines the amenities of a major metropolitan area of more than one million people with the friendliness and ease of living of a small, Western city. Seven major ski resorts are within an hour's drive from campus, and opportunities to pursue activities from biking to hiking to fishing abound. Salt Lake is also home to the Utah Symphony and Opera, the Utah Ballet, several professional sports teams, and a wide range of other cultural and recreational activities. ********************************************* Responsibilities
1. Strategic planning: Collaborates with the CIO on the creation and preparation of strategic documents and presentations for internal and external audiences, including Board of Regents, Board of Trustees, University executive leadership, legislative leaders, IT leadership and others. Examples include research, policy writing, strategic planning, and presentations.
2. Partnership and teamwork: Works closely with IT directors and staff, campus stakeholders, and others on a variety of projects and initiatives as determined by the CIO. May attend meetings in place of the CIO, or otherwise act or communicate on behalf of the CIO, as required.
3. IT governance: Coordinates, facilitates and supports the campus IT governance process, including assisting governance committees and chairs, attending and taking minutes for all meetings, maintaining public- and private-facing online materials, and ensuring information and decisions flow to the proper channels.
4. Leadership coordination: Maintains weekly IT leadership meeting agendas and minutes, including compiling topics and informational materials, coordinating guest speakers, and following through on action items. Also performs the same tasks for Utah System of Higher Education CIO meetings.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelor's degree in a related area or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education). Four to six years of progressively more responsible management experience. Background knowledge of hiring department's area of specialization in order to analyze, plan and draw conclusions for recommendations to superiors. Demonstrated leadership skills in planning and directing employees and processes in order to effectively monitor and develop subordinates and to ensure the smooth operation of department.
Completion of provided supervisory training within one year of employment may be required.
Master's degree in a related area may be preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description. Preferences Type Benefited Staff Special Instructions Summary
University of Utah - 2 hours ago - report job - original job
On Company Site
Save this job Associated topics: apache, c#, computer network, computer science, database, information technology, java, microsoft, shell, software
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.